To begin the study of karate-do is to begin the journey of self-discovery.
We give to our students Self-Discipline, Self-Confidence and Self-Defense. We teach Non-Violence through strength. All students learn to set, work toward and achieve goals through dedication and perseverance. Through effort and hard work all worthwhile goals can be achieved.
SEISHINKAN is the name of our school. This translates as
“The place where we develop our character”
We teach traditional Okinawan Goju-Ryu Karate-Do. We adhere to time-proven methods of instruction handed down from the masters of the past and present. Our curriculum centers on the following:
- Character Development
- Positive Self-Image
- Respect for Self and Others
- Physical Conditioning
- Basic and Advanced Motor Skills
- Aerobic Fitness
- Weight Control / Loss
- Strength and Endurance
- Improved Coordination
- Kihon: Basic movement, body position, stance, punch, block, kick, throw etc.
- Kata: Pre-set sequence of techniques containing the secrets of karate
- Bunkai: Applications of kata movement
- Kumite: Sparring for training, applications, sport and self-defense
- Hojo Undo: Supplemental training with traditional Okinawan/Chinese equipment
The Instructors Our Chief Instructor, Robert E. Ellis, 6th Degree Black Belt, with over 45 years of experience is one of the highest ranking teachers in the U.S. All Instructors are certified by the International Okinawan Goju Ryu Karate-Do Federation (IOGKF), one of the largest and most respected martial arts organizations in the world.
Whether you are 6 or 60, the best time to begin is today!
Call or come by – all are welcome. Our school is open every day except Sunday.
Schedule your First Visit Today
Please Call: 503-968-1600
Karate on Main
12566 SW Main Tigard, OR 97223